09 October 2008

Collage Re-defined

This week I worked on a couple of collages for a client. Of course when I hear the word collage I get scared. So many corporate clients want event photos arranged in a collage. They are hard to design and end up looking ugly. But the employees love them. As we say in the biz, "garbage in-garbage out".

Thankfully this client was open to my interpretation of what a collage is. I consulted a good friend who's an art director at Critical Mass here in Calgary, who also cringes when he hears the word collage. Since the posters were really for the kids of the client, he suggested something bold, and based some of his ideas on ads he had researched by Burton and Fox. He made me a sample low res file and I took some of his ideas and my own and came up with the highly "Photoshopped" images here. They might not be in everyone's taste, but the kids love them! I'm producing 16x24 inch plaque mounted photo prints to hang in the boys' rooms.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: